Thursday, February 5, 2009

Measuring for Carpet

Today at noon I met the carpet person at the house so he could measure the rooms. He also brought the samples with him. I was a little nervous that the dark rust I picked out would be too dark in the basement, but boy did it look sensational! Even he loved it! The mocha colored carpet for upstairs will also look stunning, not too dark, not too light - just right! We also had a brainstorm to tile the entry from the front door to the kitchen door, a straight shot making an entrance hallway. We're looking for a nice fake terra cotta tile (less maintenance). I'm also thinking of putting up a half-wall to divide the hallway from the living room (which will be my formal dining room). Nothing fancy, just a little bit of architecture in the house.

While I was there, I measured the fireplace and it's surrounding wall. I've already started looking at fake/faux stone to cover that wall, making a dramatic fireplace. I'm thinking a stacked slate look in a light goldish (or tannish) hue to compliment the dark rust. Maybe some accent rust slate here and there. It's a small wall so it shouldn't be too expensive.

I've been a busy little jawa today! I also stopped at Home Depot for some parts for AL and picked up a couple backyard ideas books. "Backyards" by Sunset magazine (always a great resource) and "Outdoor Entertaining Idea Book" by Natalie Ermann Russell ended up in my shopping cart. Both have great ideas, even for small spaces.

Until next time,
Jawa Jaka
Devouring and drooling over backyard ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment