Saturday, March 28, 2009

Flip This House

Remodeling has started! And it's not pretty! I'll break this into different subjects so the blogs won't be too long. We'll start with the bathroom, always a great subject to raise your blood a little. The tile is Terrazo Gold. It took over a month to get tile that was supposedly in stock. The contractors laid it in a vertical grid. I made them tear it up and put it in the diagonal grid as ordered. Then they put in white grout. I made them tear it up and put in matching gold grout as ordered. Twice they had to tear it up and start over, and twice they tried to charge me for extra work that they messed up on. I was on the phone with my interior decorator at Floor Trader a lot! Weird, though, the contractors got the front hallway right the first time...


Original vinyl linoleum in bathroom. Very 70's.


They dug up the old linoleum only to find more linoleum, from the 60's. I kinda liked the pattern, for quilting maybe.


The new tile, put in wrong. Had to tear up again.


New tile put in right, but wrong grout. It now has grout that matches the color of the tile.


The new front hallway was a breeze! Perfect alignment and grout.


I LOVE my new hallway, much better than carpet! Makes it look homey now.

Up next: the furnace/AC/water heater debacle!

Until next time,
Jawa Jaka

No comments:

Post a Comment