Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And it BEGINS!

Today I signed a contract for ClimaTech heating/AC to replace all the old furnaces, water heaters, and A/C. All of them were in very bad shape, some with missing/chewed wires, mold, excess wires that go nowhere, and rusty falling-apart parts. So, after handing them half of what's left in my inheritance, they started to tear it all apart. Tomorrow they'll replace the stuff. A BIG junk of my budget, but at least I get a government rebate and another rebate from XCEL energy, our utilities company. So all told, I should get back about $2000, in a few months, maybe, if Obama's deal holds up, let's all pray....

Also, I've hired the exterior painter. For about the amount of the rebate I might get in a few months, the painters from CertaPro will power wash, fix and caulk cracks, prime and paint all exterior siding, shutters, trim, and fascias. I've chosen a pretty wheat (Sherman Williams Milky Toast) and a deep rust/terracotta for trims and shutters (Sherman Williams Flower Pot). They'll start work on March 30th. I even let them put a lawn sign out front for their services.

Monday is the BIG DAY! CARPET GOES IN!! FINALLY!! All carpeting and tile are here, and it's finally going in so I can move furniture.

Speaking of furniture, my two-car garage all of a sudden looks very small. I'm storing most of my parents' and brother's stuff in it, including 90% of the pool table parts. I might be able to get it put back together with a new slate in a couple years. For now it's holding up one of the garage walls. I still have to clear out the rental storage unit, so having the flooring done will help. I can finally clear out the storage unit, maybe, if Obama lets me.....LOL

Until next time,
Jawa Jaka
Spending Obama's money....

No comments:

Post a Comment