Sunday, May 30, 2010

Front Patio Update

Well, I'm almost finished. Just need to clean out the leaves between the stones and pour in the paver set. I think I have one stone to level, but all the other stones feel pretty good underfoot. There is a slight slope downward from the house wall for rain runoff. I also put some heavy but pretty small boulders/rocks around the sewer access pipe and in front of the stepping stones to hold the sand better. I even dug in a flagstone "shelf" for my terra cotta pot that I'll fill with pretty flowers. I'll have my porch swing up by Friday, just in time for the beautiful summer evenings (sans wind, I hope).









Alot of hard work this past month, but my Smokey and I are close to enjoying our new front porch soon (she loves to sit on my lap on the front stoop and watch the neighbors' kids on their bikes).

Until next time,
Jawa Jaka (impatiently waiting for my porch swing)

No comments:

Post a Comment